1998 Bartholomew County Aerial Photos
Bartholomew County acquired these high-resolution black-and-white orthophotos in November 1998 and April 1999. This Dataset covers all of Bartholomew County, including the City of Columbus. The Dataset includes 1-foot resolution aerial photos for the entire county and 6-inch resolution photos for the more developed areas within the county. These photos can be viewed interactively from the Bartholomew County interactive GIS map. This archive includes high-resolution images and lower resolution image mosaics in TIF format. All images are archived in ZIP format. The entire Dataset includes approximately 23 GB of data including nearly 1,000 individual images.
Coordinate System: IN State Plane East, Zone 1301
Units of Measure: Feet
Horizontal Datum: NAD83
File Type: TIFF
Pixel resoltuion: 6-inch for City of Columbus; tile extent 2,500 square feet
Pixel resolution: 1-foot for county; tile extent 5,000 square feet
Pixel resolution: 4-foot (reduced resolution) for county; tile extent 20,000 square feet
Set spatial reference using ArcCatalog
- Right click the .tif file and select Properties.
- Scroll down to Spatial Reference and click Edit
- Click Select, then browse for the coordinate system under Projected Coordinate Systems > State Plane > Nad 1983.
- Select "NAD 1983 StatePlane Indiana East FIPS 1301.prj" then click Add
- Click OK to close Spatial Reference Properties, then click OK to close Raster Dataset Properties.